Though Kosha Dillz’ last Booth feature, All These Years, won high praise for the rapper’s poignant treatment of time and mortality, a whole EP’s worth of reflection on life’s hardest existential questions might be a little too harrowing for everyday listening. Wisely, the Jersey native’s elected to season his latest project with some lighter – not to mention weirder – fare. The morbid opening line/hook aside (“Greetings, we’re all gonna die”), new single The Aliens Song is pure brain candy, with Shuko & Fonty ‘s sparse synths setting the stage for unhinged punchline lyricism from an ensemble cast of underground flamespitters. United by a love for off-the-wall wordplay and extraterrestrial eccentricity, Kosha, Homeboy Sandman, MC Lars and Blue Scholars member Geo drop bars that run the gamut from cleverly absurd to hilariously juvenile (“Interrupting fart!”). In light of the two singles featured thus far…I have absolutely no clue what you can expect from Dillz’ new Gina & the Garage Sale EP. Guess you’ll just have to mosey on down to iTunes and find out for yourself!
Written by richard on 03/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.