Though Kosha Dillz’ last Booth feature, All These Years, won high praise for the rapper’s poignant treatment of time and mortality, a whole EP’s worth of reflection on life’s hardest existential questions might be a little too harrowing for everyday listening. Wisely, the Jersey native’s elected to season his latest project with some lighter – not to mention weirder – fare. The morbid opening line/hook aside (“Greetings, we’re all gonna die”), new single The Aliens Song is pure brain candy, with Shuko & Fonty ‘s sparse synths setting the stage for unhinged punchline lyricism from an ensemble cast of underground flamespitters. United by a love for off-the-wall wordplay and extraterrestrial eccentricity, Kosha, Homeboy Sandman, MC Lars and Blue Scholars member Geo drop bars that run the gamut from cleverly absurd to hilariously juvenile (“Interrupting fart!”). In light of the two singles featured thus far…I have absolutely no clue what you can expect from Dillz’ new Gina & the Garage Sale EP. Guess you’ll just have to mosey on down to iTunes and find out for yourself!
Written by richard on 03/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.