There are few ceretainties in life, but anyone who’s been on his hustle as long as SoCal rhymesayer Kornbread is bound to have picked up a little knowledge, wisdom and understanding along the way. On new single and debut DJBooth feature I Know, the up-and-comer shares a few of his observations, painting an apocalyptic lyrical picture of the ‘hood life over project collaborator J Bizness’ ominous street boardwork. Fellow Los Angeles repper Bishop Lamont brings the joint’s political subtext into the foreground on the final verse, spitting, “Capitalism is the greatest killer / It’s cataclysmic what these devils do to get they scrilla.” J.R. Griffin ties the package together with some gritty official visuals. Superlative has yet to be assigned a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.