There are few ceretainties in life, but anyone who’s been on his hustle as long as SoCal rhymesayer Kornbread is bound to have picked up a little knowledge, wisdom and understanding along the way. On new single and debut DJBooth feature I Know, the up-and-comer shares a few of his observations, painting an apocalyptic lyrical picture of the ‘hood life over project collaborator J Bizness’ ominous street boardwork. Fellow Los Angeles repper Bishop Lamont brings the joint’s political subtext into the foreground on the final verse, spitting, “Capitalism is the greatest killer / It’s cataclysmic what these devils do to get they scrilla.” J.R. Griffin ties the package together with some gritty official visuals. Superlative has yet to be assigned a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.