There are few ceretainties in life, but anyone who’s been on his hustle as long as SoCal rhymesayer Kornbread is bound to have picked up a little knowledge, wisdom and understanding along the way. On new single and debut DJBooth feature I Know, the up-and-comer shares a few of his observations, painting an apocalyptic lyrical picture of the ‘hood life over project collaborator J Bizness’ ominous street boardwork. Fellow Los Angeles repper Bishop Lamont brings the joint’s political subtext into the foreground on the final verse, spitting, “Capitalism is the greatest killer / It’s cataclysmic what these devils do to get they scrilla.” J.R. Griffin ties the package together with some gritty official visuals. Superlative has yet to be assigned a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.