There are few ceretainties in life, but anyone who’s been on his hustle as long as SoCal rhymesayer Kornbread is bound to have picked up a little knowledge, wisdom and understanding along the way. On new single and debut DJBooth feature I Know, the up-and-comer shares a few of his observations, painting an apocalyptic lyrical picture of the ‘hood life over project collaborator J Bizness’ ominous street boardwork. Fellow Los Angeles repper Bishop Lamont brings the joint’s political subtext into the foreground on the final verse, spitting, “Capitalism is the greatest killer / It’s cataclysmic what these devils do to get they scrilla.” J.R. Griffin ties the package together with some gritty official visuals. Superlative has yet to be assigned a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.