North Carolina’s impressive underground group Kooley High is on the cusp of releasing David Thompson, the follow up to their The DJBooth hosted Eastern Standard Time project, that promises to be a satisfying extension of the sound Little Brother and family created over last decade. Case in point, KH’s recently released single Yeah Yeah, featuring fellow North Carolinian Median and production by DJ Pr!nce. As a single, Yeah Yeah may not get spins on your local Clear Channel radio station, but it does have a likeable quality to it that would have been nice to uncover as an album cut. The beat by DJ Pr!nce is slightly off-kilter, framing an outside the box cut that will satisfy those who enjoy Oh No and Madlib. David Thompson drops December 6 via Fat Beats.
Written by JC Poppe on 11/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kooley Is High" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.