If you’ve got a joint show with another hip-hop act on the horizon, what better way to promote it than with a well-executed collabo? That’s exactly why Kooley High and Clear Soul Forces are giving people a taste of what they’re in for on February 6, at Public Assembly in Brooklyn with Freq Freq. The single is the ideal collabo joint, where the participants trade bars back and forth with fluidity, turning the record into a conversation between friends set to music. Producer ilajide‘s ambient boom bap sound lends to the laid back vibe and is well-suited to the skilled wordplay taking place. If you’re in the BK, show your face on at Public Assembly - don’t be afraid to be be that guy/girl in the front row who knows all the words the songs, even if it’s just this one. Kooley High and Clear Soul Forces will appreciate the love.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/31/13
Detroit hip-hop crew Clear Soul Forces has unleashed its independent debut full-length, Gold PP7s. The project packs 15 original records from L.A.Z., Ilajide, E-Fav and Noveliss. Included are reader-approved singles "Freq...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kooley Is High" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.