Contrary to popular belief, the world’s most influential people don’t hold positions in the House or Senate, have never starred in a feature film, have never won an Emmy or Grammy, and above all, have never been drafted to the NFL. If you disagree, you’ve failed to consider who the real celebrities are – the ones in your kitchen. Sift through your cupboard and reach past the honorable Aunt Jemima and St. Famous Amos to Betty Crocker, and you’ll not only have touched deliciousness, but also the newest album cut from Kooley High, a Beatnick & K-Salaam-produced, silk-smooth ode to greatness that finds the Kooley crew laying down rhyme after rhyme guaranteed to rise like a well-made soufflé. If you find yourself involuntarily nodding your head to this, that’s a good sign that you’ll probably be nodding all the way through Kooley High’s newly dropped Booth-sponsored album Eastern Standard Time, as well as during their performance at tomorrow’s S.O.B.s showcase, also courtesy of the Booth. We take care of you guys, don’t we?
Listen to More: Kooley High
Written by Matty K on 07/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kooley Is High" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.