Contrary to popular belief, the world’s most influential people don’t hold positions in the House or Senate, have never starred in a feature film, have never won an Emmy or Grammy, and above all, have never been drafted to the NFL. If you disagree, you’ve failed to consider who the real celebrities are – the ones in your kitchen. Sift through your cupboard and reach past the honorable Aunt Jemima and St. Famous Amos to Betty Crocker, and you’ll not only have touched deliciousness, but also the newest album cut from Kooley High, a Beatnick & K-Salaam-produced, silk-smooth ode to greatness that finds the Kooley crew laying down rhyme after rhyme guaranteed to rise like a well-made soufflé. If you find yourself involuntarily nodding your head to this, that’s a good sign that you’ll probably be nodding all the way through Kooley High’s newly dropped Booth-sponsored album Eastern Standard Time, as well as during their performance at tomorrow’s S.O.B.s showcase, also courtesy of the Booth. We take care of you guys, don’t we?
Listen to More: Kooley High
Written by Matty K on 07/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kooley Is High" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.