The Email accompanying the debut single from KOOL & KASS, a newly-formed duo consisting of Das Racist alum Kool A.D. and Kassa Overall, describes their music as “syncretic supersoul that harnesses the magnanimity [sic] of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.” Which gave me zero idea what to expect but, I had to admit, sounded kind of dope. Well, I’m happy to say that Pleasance (WDGAF) is indeed dope, if not quite as outlandish as the quote implies. The emcees’ off-the-cuff, allusive verses are reminiscent of A.D.‘s lyrical interplay with former partner-in-rhyme Heems, but Carlos Overall‘s dreamy guitar loops imbue the record with a distinctly mellow, mesmerizing vibe. Complete with an irreverent official video directed by ESNAF, this is one of many fresh cuts to be found on new mixtape PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS, released today.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.