The Email accompanying the debut single from KOOL & KASS, a newly-formed duo consisting of Das Racist alum Kool A.D. and Kassa Overall, describes their music as “syncretic supersoul that harnesses the magnanimity [sic] of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.” Which gave me zero idea what to expect but, I had to admit, sounded kind of dope. Well, I’m happy to say that Pleasance (WDGAF) is indeed dope, if not quite as outlandish as the quote implies. The emcees’ off-the-cuff, allusive verses are reminiscent of A.D.‘s lyrical interplay with former partner-in-rhyme Heems, but Carlos Overall‘s dreamy guitar loops imbue the record with a distinctly mellow, mesmerizing vibe. Complete with an irreverent official video directed by ESNAF, this is one of many fresh cuts to be found on new mixtape PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS, released today.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.