The Email accompanying the debut single from KOOL & KASS, a newly-formed duo consisting of Das Racist alum Kool A.D. and Kassa Overall, describes their music as “syncretic supersoul that harnesses the magnanimity [sic] of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.” Which gave me zero idea what to expect but, I had to admit, sounded kind of dope. Well, I’m happy to say that Pleasance (WDGAF) is indeed dope, if not quite as outlandish as the quote implies. The emcees’ off-the-cuff, allusive verses are reminiscent of A.D.‘s lyrical interplay with former partner-in-rhyme Heems, but Carlos Overall‘s dreamy guitar loops imbue the record with a distinctly mellow, mesmerizing vibe. Complete with an irreverent official video directed by ESNAF, this is one of many fresh cuts to be found on new mixtape PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS, released today.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)