The Email accompanying the debut single from KOOL & KASS, a newly-formed duo consisting of Das Racist alum Kool A.D. and Kassa Overall, describes their music as “syncretic supersoul that harnesses the magnanimity [sic] of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.” Which gave me zero idea what to expect but, I had to admit, sounded kind of dope. Well, I’m happy to say that Pleasance (WDGAF) is indeed dope, if not quite as outlandish as the quote implies. The emcees’ off-the-cuff, allusive verses are reminiscent of A.D.‘s lyrical interplay with former partner-in-rhyme Heems, but Carlos Overall‘s dreamy guitar loops imbue the record with a distinctly mellow, mesmerizing vibe. Complete with an irreverent official video directed by ESNAF, this is one of many fresh cuts to be found on new mixtape PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS, released today.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.