When you think of great hip-hop couples, who comes to mind? Beyoncé and Jay Z (duh), Alicia and Swizz, but what about Numonics and Koncept? OK, so they aren’t dating, but Numonics’s production chops and Koncept’s high-quality mic work are a match made in hip-hop heaven. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to their new joint single, My Peace. Numonics’ boardwork is powered by a soulful, sped-up vocal which, when blended with the cascading instrumental, creates the perfect backdrop for Koncept’s mature bars. My Peace is part of the emcee/producer duo’s forthcoming Live On EP, due out later this month via our sister site Audiomack.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.