In 2013, Red Bull Records invited Brooklyn emcee Koncept to L.A. to spend a week in their world-class studio. After due consideration, he decided the opportunity would be best used to create his first joint project with rapper/producer and fellow Brown Bag All-Star J57. Of course, the collaborators weren’t about to visit the City of Angels without seeing their West Coast homies. Rather than taking time off to kick it, they invited Co$$, Tenacity, Blame One, El Prez and Realm Reality to join them in the studio, where they recorded non-album posse cut When I Get There. The result is every bit as action-packed and lyrically dazzling as you’d expect from its all-star lineup. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear more from the headliners on their aforementioned collaborative debut, Flight, dropping in 2014 along with recently-completed follow-up EP The Fuel.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.