In 2013, Red Bull Records invited Brooklyn emcee Koncept to L.A. to spend a week in their world-class studio. After due consideration, he decided the opportunity would be best used to create his first joint project with rapper/producer and fellow Brown Bag All-Star J57. Of course, the collaborators weren’t about to visit the City of Angels without seeing their West Coast homies. Rather than taking time off to kick it, they invited Co$$, Tenacity, Blame One, El Prez and Realm Reality to join them in the studio, where they recorded non-album posse cut When I Get There. The result is every bit as action-packed and lyrically dazzling as you’d expect from its all-star lineup. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear more from the headliners on their aforementioned collaborative debut, Flight, dropping in 2014 along with recently-completed follow-up EP The Fuel.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.