In 2013, Red Bull Records invited Brooklyn emcee Koncept to L.A. to spend a week in their world-class studio. After due consideration, he decided the opportunity would be best used to create his first joint project with rapper/producer and fellow Brown Bag All-Star J57. Of course, the collaborators weren’t about to visit the City of Angels without seeing their West Coast homies. Rather than taking time off to kick it, they invited Co$$, Tenacity, Blame One, El Prez and Realm Reality to join them in the studio, where they recorded non-album posse cut When I Get There. The result is every bit as action-packed and lyrically dazzling as you’d expect from its all-star lineup. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear more from the headliners on their aforementioned collaborative debut, Flight, dropping in 2014 along with recently-completed follow-up EP The Fuel.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.