In 2013, Red Bull Records invited Brooklyn emcee Koncept to L.A. to spend a week in their world-class studio. After due consideration, he decided the opportunity would be best used to create his first joint project with rapper/producer and fellow Brown Bag All-Star J57. Of course, the collaborators weren’t about to visit the City of Angels without seeing their West Coast homies. Rather than taking time off to kick it, they invited Co$$, Tenacity, Blame One, El Prez and Realm Reality to join them in the studio, where they recorded non-album posse cut When I Get There. The result is every bit as action-packed and lyrically dazzling as you’d expect from its all-star lineup. Feeling it? You’ll be able to hear more from the headliners on their aforementioned collaborative debut, Flight, dropping in 2014 along with recently-completed follow-up EP The Fuel.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.