Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Pace Rivers-directed Watch The Sky Fall video. Mobile users can scroll down.
What do you get when you take two emcees from two different crews and bring them together? Well, if it’s not a battle, hopefully a dope collaboration like the new Koncept and Royce Da 5’ 9” record Watch the Sky Fall. The lead single from the Brown Bag All Star representative’s upcoming album awaken, available December 13, Watch features ill instrumentation from Canadian producer Marco Polo, who kicks off the track with the Japanese sounding Koto instrument made famous in hip-hop by The RZA, and transitions into powerful drums, which help to deliver the song’s message and make you stay focused. With heavy lyricism and raw flows both emcees rap about life’s obstacles and how there won’t always be sunny days, making this a most believable listen. But don’t take it from us, the dopeness of a record isn’t always easily determined. Listen for yourself… before they’re reading off your sermon. If you find yourself stopping dead in your tracks to Watch the Sky Fall, download the single from iTunes and pre-order Koncept’s awaken.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.