“You know, I really like Koncept’s flow on the Malt Disney EP, but I can’t stand the beats” …said no one ever! It’s damn near impossible to hate on DeeJay Element’s production, but that’s not to say the project isn’t ripe for remixing. Koncept and producer J57 are currently hard at work on an collab album, but it didn’t stop them from joining forces to create a Malt Disney remix EP. And the Brown Bag crewmates didn’t stop there; they even created a video for their remix of Oh Baby (originally featured in March). As they take a drive through the more remote parts of California, J57’s upbeat, colorful boardwork, gives the cut a totally different feel. While his verses are new, Koncept’s charismatic, crisp flow is business as usual. J57 even laces his exquisite boardwork with a few bars of his own. If you want to hear J57’s take on the entire project, then cop the Malt Disney (J57 Remixes) EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.