“You know, I really like Koncept’s flow on the Malt Disney EP, but I can’t stand the beats” …said no one ever! It’s damn near impossible to hate on DeeJay Element’s production, but that’s not to say the project isn’t ripe for remixing. Koncept and producer J57 are currently hard at work on an collab album, but it didn’t stop them from joining forces to create a Malt Disney remix EP. And the Brown Bag crewmates didn’t stop there; they even created a video for their remix of Oh Baby (originally featured in March). As they take a drive through the more remote parts of California, J57’s upbeat, colorful boardwork, gives the cut a totally different feel. While his verses are new, Koncept’s charismatic, crisp flow is business as usual. J57 even laces his exquisite boardwork with a few bars of his own. If you want to hear J57’s take on the entire project, then cop the Malt Disney (J57 Remixes) EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.