It’s been a hot minute since last we featured some fresh solo material from Koncept—more than a year, in fact. But I’m happy to say the dry spell is over; with a new EP on the way, the Brown Bag All-Stars rapper and producer returns to give us our first taste of the forthcoming project in the form of bonus track Give It Up. Over DeeJay Element‘s soulful sampling of Gladys Knight and the Pips’ similarly-titled ‘64 single Giving Up, Kon comes out swinging, touting his skills and tearing down sucker emcees in aggressively-flowed verses. Massachusetts-repping reader fave REKS turns in a similarly gritty performance on the guest tip. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the free, digital release of Malt Disney on February 26.
Written by richard on 01/15/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.