With my last day of college just a few days away (thanks, thanks, gifts can be mailed to…) I’ve been doing a lot of Day Dreaming lately. It feels good to know that I’m not alone with my shift in focus, as Koncept is here to demonstrate today with his first solo feature on the Booth. Here the current member of the Brown Bag All-Stars waxes lyrical over his attempts to balance his passion for music with the need to survive; eventually facing the inevitable and coming back around to the craft that he knows so well. Backed by an equally impressive string-laced beat by Tranzformer, the Brooklyn emcee gives light to the struggle that modern day rappers face when deciding whether to hit the studio or night-light when it comes to making money that will put dinner on the table. Have you been sleeping on Koncept? Quit dreaming, press play on this song, drink some coffee and wake up to his and Tranz’ currently-untitled, Booth-sponsored FreeEP, set to hit our Mixtape section for free streaming and download in mid-to-late January.
Written by Sigurd on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knuckle Puck" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.