With my last day of college just a few days away (thanks, thanks, gifts can be mailed to…) I’ve been doing a lot of Day Dreaming lately. It feels good to know that I’m not alone with my shift in focus, as Koncept is here to demonstrate today with his first solo feature on the Booth. Here the current member of the Brown Bag All-Stars waxes lyrical over his attempts to balance his passion for music with the need to survive; eventually facing the inevitable and coming back around to the craft that he knows so well. Backed by an equally impressive string-laced beat by Tranzformer, the Brooklyn emcee gives light to the struggle that modern day rappers face when deciding whether to hit the studio or night-light when it comes to making money that will put dinner on the table. Have you been sleeping on Koncept? Quit dreaming, press play on this song, drink some coffee and wake up to his and Tranz’ currently-untitled, Booth-sponsored FreeEP, set to hit our Mixtape section for free streaming and download in mid-to-late January.
Written by Sigurd on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knuckle Puck" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.