In the wise words of Heraclitus, “No man can ever step in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” Oh? I already used that quote to open a track review, like, a year ago? Well… that obviously wasn’t the same Richard as the one writing today, so I’m off the hook. The point, though, is that Change is the only thing we can count on; and, as Brown Bag All-Stars member Koncept observes on this EP leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), anyone who believes he or she can exert complete control over life’s ebb and flow is in for a rude awakening. Backed by production partner Tranzformer‘s ominous, music-box accompanied instrumental, the freestyle series alum outlines his strategy for dealing with unpredictability: stay positive and keep grinding, while remaining flexible and open to what the future may bring. Topped off with the hook vocals of singer/songwriter Jefferson Price, this uniquely insightful cut should be the just the thing to get listeners amped for the emcee-producer duo’s forthcoming, Booth-sponsored EP. Watch for More than Meets the Eye to hit our mixtape page on the 22nd!
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.