Some artists are about the women, some are about the fame, but Corona Queens-based emcee/producer Kon Boogie is only about one thing, his business. For his DJBooth debut, About My Business, the aptly-named Boogie crafts a beat that’s equal parts retro and modern, laying bouncing percussion over a grounded piano line. On the mic not only does Kon nail the flow that an instrumental like this demands, his longtime collarborator Silent Knight follows with an equally precise verse on the close. After hearing how Boogie conducts his business you can officially consider me one of the many awaiting the release of his currently unscheduled My Glorious Imperfection album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.