Some artists are about the women, some are about the fame, but Corona Queens-based emcee/producer Kon Boogie is only about one thing, his business. For his DJBooth debut, About My Business, the aptly-named Boogie crafts a beat that’s equal parts retro and modern, laying bouncing percussion over a grounded piano line. On the mic not only does Kon nail the flow that an instrumental like this demands, his longtime collarborator Silent Knight follows with an equally precise verse on the close. After hearing how Boogie conducts his business you can officially consider me one of the many awaiting the release of his currently unscheduled My Glorious Imperfection album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.