Some artists are about the women, some are about the fame, but Corona Queens-based emcee/producer Kon Boogie is only about one thing, his business. For his DJBooth debut, About My Business, the aptly-named Boogie crafts a beat that’s equal parts retro and modern, laying bouncing percussion over a grounded piano line. On the mic not only does Kon nail the flow that an instrumental like this demands, his longtime collarborator Silent Knight follows with an equally precise verse on the close. After hearing how Boogie conducts his business you can officially consider me one of the many awaiting the release of his currently unscheduled My Glorious Imperfection album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)