Nothing can replace the love you receive from your own blood. Rising from the ghetto of New Orleans, emcee Kolley puts that lesson on wax on his latest single, Real Love. You can feel the suffering he’s endured in his rough, nasally voice on a song he’s finally comfortable to share with the world. Even when Kolley had to pack up his gats and leave at age 16 because of “churning butter” in the house, his mom still called him back home to eat his greens with the family. And now with kids of his own, the Booth newcomer feels the uninhibited bond with his family even more. Big K.R.I.T. does what he does best behind the boards, supporting a soulful vocal sample with a hopeful string harmony. Real Love will be on Kolley’s upcoming tape, RNS, due on April 30. Aside from K.R.I.T.‘s magic touch, it will have production from Trap staples like Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, 808 Mafia, Bobby Johnson, and more.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.