Nothing can replace the love you receive from your own blood. Rising from the ghetto of New Orleans, emcee Kolley puts that lesson on wax on his latest single, Real Love. You can feel the suffering he’s endured in his rough, nasally voice on a song he’s finally comfortable to share with the world. Even when Kolley had to pack up his gats and leave at age 16 because of “churning butter” in the house, his mom still called him back home to eat his greens with the family. And now with kids of his own, the Booth newcomer feels the uninhibited bond with his family even more. Big K.R.I.T. does what he does best behind the boards, supporting a soulful vocal sample with a hopeful string harmony. Real Love will be on Kolley’s upcoming tape, RNS, due on April 30. Aside from K.R.I.T.‘s magic touch, it will have production from Trap staples like Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, 808 Mafia, Bobby Johnson, and more.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)