Many rappers have dropped a song a week for an entire month or two, believing that they are on their grind like a skater, but no artist has ever tried to release a song a day for an entire calender year…Until Now. D.C. native Kokayi has already made it to day 59, and if you thought his fervor would subside, you don’t know Koke. In addition to lending some vocals to the hook, Kokayi attacks the boards like it’s January 1. He effortlessly fuses rock, electronic and, of course, hip-hip to create a hard-hitting yet funky beat that would make the mouth of any emcee begin to water. Guest AP The Prince is lucky enough to bless the beat, which he does with a charismatic, steady flow and some bars about a fame-friendly female fan. For those who want even more than a song a day, you can check out his Kokayi’s last Booth appearance as a guest on Substantial’s Grateful.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.