Many rappers have dropped a song a week for an entire month or two, believing that they are on their grind like a skater, but no artist has ever tried to release a song a day for an entire calender year…Until Now. D.C. native Kokayi has already made it to day 59, and if you thought his fervor would subside, you don’t know Koke. In addition to lending some vocals to the hook, Kokayi attacks the boards like it’s January 1. He effortlessly fuses rock, electronic and, of course, hip-hip to create a hard-hitting yet funky beat that would make the mouth of any emcee begin to water. Guest AP The Prince is lucky enough to bless the beat, which he does with a charismatic, steady flow and some bars about a fame-friendly female fan. For those who want even more than a song a day, you can check out his Kokayi’s last Booth appearance as a guest on Substantial’s Grateful.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)