Many rappers have dropped a song a week for an entire month or two, believing that they are on their grind like a skater, but no artist has ever tried to release a song a day for an entire calender year…Until Now. D.C. native Kokayi has already made it to day 59, and if you thought his fervor would subside, you don’t know Koke. In addition to lending some vocals to the hook, Kokayi attacks the boards like it’s January 1. He effortlessly fuses rock, electronic and, of course, hip-hip to create a hard-hitting yet funky beat that would make the mouth of any emcee begin to water. Guest AP The Prince is lucky enough to bless the beat, which he does with a charismatic, steady flow and some bars about a fame-friendly female fan. For those who want even more than a song a day, you can check out his Kokayi’s last Booth appearance as a guest on Substantial’s Grateful.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.