Many rappers have dropped a song a week for an entire month or two, believing that they are on their grind like a skater, but no artist has ever tried to release a song a day for an entire calender year…Until Now. D.C. native Kokayi has already made it to day 59, and if you thought his fervor would subside, you don’t know Koke. In addition to lending some vocals to the hook, Kokayi attacks the boards like it’s January 1. He effortlessly fuses rock, electronic and, of course, hip-hip to create a hard-hitting yet funky beat that would make the mouth of any emcee begin to water. Guest AP The Prince is lucky enough to bless the beat, which he does with a charismatic, steady flow and some bars about a fame-friendly female fan. For those who want even more than a song a day, you can check out his Kokayi’s last Booth appearance as a guest on Substantial’s Grateful.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.