Sometimes, you’ve got to leave a place for a period of time and return in order to view it with clear eyes. Generally, that span encompasses weeks, months or years, but for Kobi Onyame a second or two suffices. On a brand new single, his first feature since March’s The Real Pt. 2, the Ghanaian-born, Glasgow-based rapper/beatsmith says “Goodbye World” only to come right back and say hello “Hello” again. Here, the artist’s own pensive, piano-led production backs him as he contemplates the progression of his life and career with satisfaction. Danay Mariney lends her whispered vocals to the call-and-response hook, and an unknown director’s sunny official visuals round out the package. For this headphone-ready cut and much more, check out Onyame’s Glory LP when it drops November 4, via Haatsville Records.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.