Sometimes, you’ve got to leave a place for a period of time and return in order to view it with clear eyes. Generally, that span encompasses weeks, months or years, but for Kobi Onyame a second or two suffices. On a brand new single, his first feature since March’s The Real Pt. 2, the Ghanaian-born, Glasgow-based rapper/beatsmith says “Goodbye World” only to come right back and say hello “Hello” again. Here, the artist’s own pensive, piano-led production backs him as he contemplates the progression of his life and career with satisfaction. Danay Mariney lends her whispered vocals to the call-and-response hook, and an unknown director’s sunny official visuals round out the package. For this headphone-ready cut and much more, check out Onyame’s Glory LP when it drops November 4, via Haatsville Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.