Sometimes, you’ve got to leave a place for a period of time and return in order to view it with clear eyes. Generally, that span encompasses weeks, months or years, but for Kobi Onyame a second or two suffices. On a brand new single, his first feature since March’s The Real Pt. 2, the Ghanaian-born, Glasgow-based rapper/beatsmith says “Goodbye World” only to come right back and say hello “Hello” again. Here, the artist’s own pensive, piano-led production backs him as he contemplates the progression of his life and career with satisfaction. Danay Mariney lends her whispered vocals to the call-and-response hook, and an unknown director’s sunny official visuals round out the package. For this headphone-ready cut and much more, check out Onyame’s Glory LP when it drops November 4, via Haatsville Records.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.