Sometimes, you’ve got to leave a place for a period of time and return in order to view it with clear eyes. Generally, that span encompasses weeks, months or years, but for Kobi Onyame a second or two suffices. On a brand new single, his first feature since March’s The Real Pt. 2, the Ghanaian-born, Glasgow-based rapper/beatsmith says “Goodbye World” only to come right back and say hello “Hello” again. Here, the artist’s own pensive, piano-led production backs him as he contemplates the progression of his life and career with satisfaction. Danay Mariney lends her whispered vocals to the call-and-response hook, and an unknown director’s sunny official visuals round out the package. For this headphone-ready cut and much more, check out Onyame’s Glory LP when it drops November 4, via Haatsville Records.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.