Sometimes, you’ve got to leave a place for a period of time and return in order to view it with clear eyes. Generally, that span encompasses weeks, months or years, but for Kobi Onyame a second or two suffices. On a brand new single, his first feature since March’s The Real Pt. 2, the Ghanaian-born, Glasgow-based rapper/beatsmith says “Goodbye World” only to come right back and say hello “Hello” again. Here, the artist’s own pensive, piano-led production backs him as he contemplates the progression of his life and career with satisfaction. Danay Mariney lends her whispered vocals to the call-and-response hook, and an unknown director’s sunny official visuals round out the package. For this headphone-ready cut and much more, check out Onyame’s Glory LP when it drops November 4, via Haatsville Records.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.