The debut single from songwriter and producer-turned-recording artist Knox Brown has one of those titles that makes you scratch your head, searching for a meaning that must be “hiding in plain sight.” DJ Z tells me that “Harry’s Code” might be a reference to Dexter; I’ve only seen two episodes of the show, so it beats me. Personally, I’d advise you not to think too hard about it. Instead, simply sit back and enjoy the weathered vocal harmonies Brown showcases over his own bluesy, dub-tinged production. Premiered yesterday via Pigeons and Planes, this record isn’t currently attached to a larger project. We in the Booth, however, will keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.