The debut single from songwriter and producer-turned-recording artist Knox Brown has one of those titles that makes you scratch your head, searching for a meaning that must be “hiding in plain sight.” DJ Z tells me that “Harry’s Code” might be a reference to Dexter; I’ve only seen two episodes of the show, so it beats me. Personally, I’d advise you not to think too hard about it. Instead, simply sit back and enjoy the weathered vocal harmonies Brown showcases over his own bluesy, dub-tinged production. Premiered yesterday via Pigeons and Planes, this record isn’t currently attached to a larger project. We in the Booth, however, will keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.