The debut single from songwriter and producer-turned-recording artist Knox Brown has one of those titles that makes you scratch your head, searching for a meaning that must be “hiding in plain sight.” DJ Z tells me that “Harry’s Code” might be a reference to Dexter; I’ve only seen two episodes of the show, so it beats me. Personally, I’d advise you not to think too hard about it. Instead, simply sit back and enjoy the weathered vocal harmonies Brown showcases over his own bluesy, dub-tinged production. Premiered yesterday via Pigeons and Planes, this record isn’t currently attached to a larger project. We in the Booth, however, will keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.