Shoddy romantic behavior seems like a running theme in today’s Booth lineup. Parable vs. Mac Soto‘s Soul (also featured on our homepage) found the NYC rhymesayer and Southern singer/songwriter/producer copping to their callous treatment of women who loved them, and on Knowledge Medina‘s latest feature— a world premiere—the South Floridian emcee does… pretty much the same thing. On newly-leaked EP cut You Don’t Really Care, project collaborator Numonics’ chopped soul samples set a rueful mood as Medina looks back on the pain and suffering he caused his girl. Even so, she held him down through it all. Pleading for the woman in question to let bygones by bygones and take him back one more time, he nonetheless admits, “If you’re a woman, I probably don’t deserve too many chances I didn’t earn.” Will the emcee succeed in rebuilding those burnt bridges? We can only speculate. Either way, though, those digging this poignant jam won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh tunes to be found on Medina and Numonics’ Never Enough EP, scheduled to drop February 7.
Written by richard on 01/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.