Shoddy romantic behavior seems like a running theme in today’s Booth lineup. Parable vs. Mac Soto‘s Soul (also featured on our homepage) found the NYC rhymesayer and Southern singer/songwriter/producer copping to their callous treatment of women who loved them, and on Knowledge Medina‘s latest feature— a world premiere—the South Floridian emcee does… pretty much the same thing. On newly-leaked EP cut You Don’t Really Care, project collaborator Numonics’ chopped soul samples set a rueful mood as Medina looks back on the pain and suffering he caused his girl. Even so, she held him down through it all. Pleading for the woman in question to let bygones by bygones and take him back one more time, he nonetheless admits, “If you’re a woman, I probably don’t deserve too many chances I didn’t earn.” Will the emcee succeed in rebuilding those burnt bridges? We can only speculate. Either way, though, those digging this poignant jam won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh tunes to be found on Medina and Numonics’ Never Enough EP, scheduled to drop February 7.
Written by richard on 01/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.