Shoddy romantic behavior seems like a running theme in today’s Booth lineup. Parable vs. Mac Soto‘s Soul (also featured on our homepage) found the NYC rhymesayer and Southern singer/songwriter/producer copping to their callous treatment of women who loved them, and on Knowledge Medina‘s latest feature— a world premiere—the South Floridian emcee does… pretty much the same thing. On newly-leaked EP cut You Don’t Really Care, project collaborator Numonics’ chopped soul samples set a rueful mood as Medina looks back on the pain and suffering he caused his girl. Even so, she held him down through it all. Pleading for the woman in question to let bygones by bygones and take him back one more time, he nonetheless admits, “If you’re a woman, I probably don’t deserve too many chances I didn’t earn.” Will the emcee succeed in rebuilding those burnt bridges? We can only speculate. Either way, though, those digging this poignant jam won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh tunes to be found on Medina and Numonics’ Never Enough EP, scheduled to drop February 7.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.