First things first: Knowledge Medina‘s latest single doesn’t sample the eponymous sitcom’s theme music (Though I kinda want to hear someone try that, now that I think of it), nor does it feature any of Jaleel White’s hilarious catchphrases. On the contrary, this newly-leaked mixtape cut (making its world premiere in The DJBooth) finds the South Florida rapper/producer gathering a few of his nearest and dearest to discuss some “Real Family Matters—f*ck a TV show.” Over his own head-noddable production, the headliner emphasizes the importance of loved ones in keeping when the world outside is cold and unforgiving. FamFirst Records colleague Jo-L takes center stage on verse two, cautioning those who would do harm to his people: “Don’t be messin’ with my crew man / That’s the best way to force me to use these two hands.” LuvEra (Medina’s wife) and Red Pages double up on the tuneful chorus, and Jeremy Lebron tops it all off with an ad-libbed outro. For more from the whole FamFirst family, grab a copy of Family Matters Mixtape Vol 1 when it hits the ‘net April 3. Never Enough, Knowledge Medina’s collaborative EP with Numonics, is still available for download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.