First things first: Knowledge Medina‘s latest single doesn’t sample the eponymous sitcom’s theme music (Though I kinda want to hear someone try that, now that I think of it), nor does it feature any of Jaleel White’s hilarious catchphrases. On the contrary, this newly-leaked mixtape cut (making its world premiere in The DJBooth) finds the South Florida rapper/producer gathering a few of his nearest and dearest to discuss some “Real Family Matters—f*ck a TV show.” Over his own head-noddable production, the headliner emphasizes the importance of loved ones in keeping when the world outside is cold and unforgiving. FamFirst Records colleague Jo-L takes center stage on verse two, cautioning those who would do harm to his people: “Don’t be messin’ with my crew man / That’s the best way to force me to use these two hands.” LuvEra (Medina’s wife) and Red Pages double up on the tuneful chorus, and Jeremy Lebron tops it all off with an ad-libbed outro. For more from the whole FamFirst family, grab a copy of Family Matters Mixtape Vol 1 when it hits the ‘net April 3. Never Enough, Knowledge Medina’s collaborative EP with Numonics, is still available for download in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 03/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.