Previously heard contributing guest bars to Meat Market, a 2012 single from Los Angeles duo Bang, You’re Dead (Jes Hudak and Quickie Mart), rapper/producer Know One returns to make his DJBooth debut as a headliner. For his first feature, the New Orleans native’s elected to exercise his skills on both sides of the boards by remixing Dirty Filthy Liar, one of Hudak’s solo records. In addition to providing a crisp, keyboard-driven beat (Jes and Quickie Mart assist on the production tip), Know One showcases his melodic flows in a brisk second verse, and engages in a little call-and-response with the singer on the chorus. This is just one of many remixes, rarities and B-sides on to be found on Know One Special, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Super Mart Produce
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meat Market" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.