Though he is one of Dr. Dre‘s favorite ghostwriters, has close ties with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and Too Short, and has even released various works on the now-defunct Elektra Records label, Knoc Turn’al has never quite managed to achieve the mainstream popularity of his famous friends. He has, however, accumulated a sizable and devoted West Coast fanbase. On his DJBooth debut, Knoc tells his first love, the state of California, “Sorry I Left You,” promising never to make the same mistake again. Beatsmith Komplex backs the rapper’s renewal-of-vows with a piano loop reminiscent of Dre’s boardwork from back in the day. Knoc Turn’al’s latest street album, Knoc’sville, has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who appreciate this cut’s classic West Coast vibe should keep their browsers trained on our front page; in July, Knoc is set to step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Listen to More: Knoc Turn'al
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Cold" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.