Though he is one of Dr. Dre‘s favorite ghostwriters, has close ties with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and Too Short, and has even released various works on the now-defunct Elektra Records label, Knoc Turn’al has never quite managed to achieve the mainstream popularity of his famous friends. He has, however, accumulated a sizable and devoted West Coast fanbase. On his DJBooth debut, Knoc tells his first love, the state of California, “Sorry I Left You,” promising never to make the same mistake again. Beatsmith Komplex backs the rapper’s renewal-of-vows with a piano loop reminiscent of Dre’s boardwork from back in the day. Knoc Turn’al’s latest street album, Knoc’sville, has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who appreciate this cut’s classic West Coast vibe should keep their browsers trained on our front page; in July, Knoc is set to step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Listen to More: Knoc Turn'al Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Cold" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!