Though he is one of Dr. Dre‘s favorite ghostwriters, has close ties with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and Too Short, and has even released various works on the now-defunct Elektra Records label, Knoc Turn’al has never quite managed to achieve the mainstream popularity of his famous friends. He has, however, accumulated a sizable and devoted West Coast fanbase. On his DJBooth debut, Knoc tells his first love, the state of California, “Sorry I Left You,” promising never to make the same mistake again. Beatsmith Komplex backs the rapper’s renewal-of-vows with a piano loop reminiscent of Dre’s boardwork from back in the day. Knoc Turn’al’s latest street album, Knoc’sville, has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who appreciate this cut’s classic West Coast vibe should keep their browsers trained on our front page; in July, Knoc is set to step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Written by Burmy on 06/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Cold" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.