Ever laid in bed during a storm, listening to the Rhythm of the Rain as it hit your rooftop, and said to yourself, “Damn, this would make a dope hip-hop record!”? I haven’t – but, then again, I’m not a nationally-renowned rapper/producer. Kno, on the other hand is and, for his latest single, the Cunninlynguists member builds a dope (if dark) cut on that very concept. Kicking things off with the obligatory rainfall sound effect, Kno goes on to flip an oldie I wasn’t able to identify into a pensive backdrop for rhymes on the topic of love and loss. Providing moral support to the Southern mainstay are Inverse emcee Tunji, who spends his middle bars reminiscing about the day his father walked out on the family, and North Carolina’s Tom Hardy, who adapts his pun-a-minute style to the more serious theme with considerable success (OK, the line “It’s a sh*tstorm, shoulda worn a raincoat,” is a little silly.). Like what you’re hearing? Judging by the project’s title, you can expect plenty more brooding bangers on Kno’s Death Is Silent LP, set to arrive on store shelves October 15.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not at the End" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.