There’s nothing unusual about an artist having a morbid streak – CunninLynguist emcee/producer Kno‘s is just a little wider than most. After the dope yet gloomy vibes of Rhythm of the Rain and the non-Booth featured La Petite Mort (Come Die With Me), it’s nice to hear the Southerner acknowledge that he’s still got a bright future ahead of him on I’m Not at the End, the latest leak off his solo debut. Kno keeps things relatively dark on the instrumental tip, flipping a ballad I wasn’t able to identify into a pensive, piano-laced backdrop for his existential ponderings. Though the emcee comes face to face with his own mortality over the course of his verse, the ultimate message is one of hope: “Middle finger to Father Time while I’m holdin my d*ck, I’m takin’ life slowly homie ‘cause I’m nowhere near the end.” On the front half, Inverse rapper Tunji takes a more practical approach to the same dilemma, resolving to “take less” and “give more,” while continuing to chase his dreams. If this cathartic banger leaves you hungry for more, you’ll be able to feed your craving soon – Death Is Silent hits online retailers Oct. 12, in anticipation of its physical release on the 29th.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rhythm of the Rain" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)