There’s nothing unusual about an artist having a morbid streak – CunninLynguist emcee/producer Kno‘s is just a little wider than most. After the dope yet gloomy vibes of Rhythm of the Rain and the non-Booth featured La Petite Mort (Come Die With Me), it’s nice to hear the Southerner acknowledge that he’s still got a bright future ahead of him on I’m Not at the End, the latest leak off his solo debut. Kno keeps things relatively dark on the instrumental tip, flipping a ballad I wasn’t able to identify into a pensive, piano-laced backdrop for his existential ponderings. Though the emcee comes face to face with his own mortality over the course of his verse, the ultimate message is one of hope: “Middle finger to Father Time while I’m holdin my d*ck, I’m takin’ life slowly homie ‘cause I’m nowhere near the end.” On the front half, Inverse rapper Tunji takes a more practical approach to the same dilemma, resolving to “take less” and “give more,” while continuing to chase his dreams. If this cathartic banger leaves you hungry for more, you’ll be able to feed your craving soon – Death Is Silent hits online retailers Oct. 12, in anticipation of its physical release on the 29th.
Written by richard on 10/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rhythm of the Rain" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.