You may not know Kno-No, but Kno-No knows there’s no better way to make one’s name known in the Booth than with an exclusive world premiere (okay, I’m done with the ‘no’s). So new it has yet to hit iTunes, this cut sees the Phoenix up-and-comer teaming up with MPire Records labelmate Chevy P (aka Smoke of Field Mob, introduced to the Booth with last week’s Chevy Boi) to make one thing crystal clear: though he and his crew are getting that money, they Ain’t Changed one bit—they’re still in the streets, grinding as hard as ever. True to his stage name and his Georgia roots, Chevy puts a Southern spin on the cut’s West Coast vibe with a little car talk in his guest verse and some slightly reedy, Andre 3k-esque vocals on the hook, and Decatur native Bishop takes a similar tack on the production tip, accenting his piano and synth beat with infectiously twangy guitar riffs. Though the release date of Kno-No’s debut LP, Best Kept Secret, is yet unknown (sorry), those who like what they hear should stay tuned for Chevy P.‘s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series this May.
Written by richard on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
Mpire Records Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.