Though K’naan currently resides in Toronto, if you ask him which locale he represents, he’ll tell you he represents his birthplace of Somalia all the way. Like many other African nations, Somalia has had more than its fair share of problems, from Ethiopian invasions to the pirates of the surrounding Indian Ocean. K’naan has chosen to use his new single to represent his nation, seeking to bring awareness of its social and political ills and hopefully lead a movement for change. Produced by Direct Current, Somalia is an emotional track rife with cautious patriotism. For more of K’naan’s message, check out his debut album, Troubadour, which will be available all over the world in the first quarter of 2009.
Written by Burmy on 12/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.