Originally featured back in January, Nothing to Lose received positive reader reviews for K’NAAN and guest spitter Nas’ on-point lyrical content, but some felt that the poppy chorus detracted from its impact. Today, artist/producer Rashad steps into the Booth with his harder-edged remix of the record, featuring a moody, cinematic new beat and a grittier, flowed hook. Better than the original? I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can find the album version of Nothing to Lose and much more on K’NAAN’s More Beautiful Than Silence EP, available in stores and online as of January 24.
Written by richard on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.