Originally featured back in January, Nothing to Lose received positive reader reviews for K’NAAN and guest spitter Nas’ on-point lyrical content, but some felt that the poppy chorus detracted from its impact. Today, artist/producer Rashad steps into the Booth with his harder-edged remix of the record, featuring a moody, cinematic new beat and a grittier, flowed hook. Better than the original? I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can find the album version of Nothing to Lose and much more on K’NAAN’s More Beautiful Than Silence EP, available in stores and online as of January 24.
Written by richard on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.