Originally featured back in January, Nothing to Lose received positive reader reviews for K’NAAN and guest spitter Nas’ on-point lyrical content, but some felt that the poppy chorus detracted from its impact. Today, artist/producer Rashad steps into the Booth with his harder-edged remix of the record, featuring a moody, cinematic new beat and a grittier, flowed hook. Better than the original? I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can find the album version of Nothing to Lose and much more on K’NAAN’s More Beautiful Than Silence EP, available in stores and online as of January 24.
Written by richard on 05/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.