Just days after hitting us with the music video for single Hurt Me Tomorrow, Somali-born rapper K’NAAN continues to highlight the record with the release of Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix). Both versions feature the same lyrical content, but that is where those similarities end. As opposed to the uplifting vibe of the original, Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) is much more rugged and raw on the production end. Dovecote Records producer Carter keeps it heavily hip-hop on the record with a healthy dose of head nod-worthy bass and an interesting mix of vocal manipulations. As of now Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) isn’t attached to any project, but K’NAAN’s forthcoming album Country, God, Or The Girl is due out before the year is up.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.