Just days after hitting us with the music video for single Hurt Me Tomorrow, Somali-born rapper K’NAAN continues to highlight the record with the release of Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix). Both versions feature the same lyrical content, but that is where those similarities end. As opposed to the uplifting vibe of the original, Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) is much more rugged and raw on the production end. Dovecote Records producer Carter keeps it heavily hip-hop on the record with a healthy dose of head nod-worthy bass and an interesting mix of vocal manipulations. As of now Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) isn’t attached to any project, but K’NAAN’s forthcoming album Country, God, Or The Girl is due out before the year is up.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!