Just days after hitting us with the music video for single Hurt Me Tomorrow, Somali-born rapper K’NAAN continues to highlight the record with the release of Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix). Both versions feature the same lyrical content, but that is where those similarities end. As opposed to the uplifting vibe of the original, Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) is much more rugged and raw on the production end. Dovecote Records producer Carter keeps it heavily hip-hop on the record with a healthy dose of head nod-worthy bass and an interesting mix of vocal manipulations. As of now Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) isn’t attached to any project, but K’NAAN’s forthcoming album Country, God, Or The Girl is due out before the year is up.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.