Just days after hitting us with the music video for single Hurt Me Tomorrow, Somali-born rapper K’NAAN continues to highlight the record with the release of Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix). Both versions feature the same lyrical content, but that is where those similarities end. As opposed to the uplifting vibe of the original, Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) is much more rugged and raw on the production end. Dovecote Records producer Carter keeps it heavily hip-hop on the record with a healthy dose of head nod-worthy bass and an interesting mix of vocal manipulations. As of now Hurt Me Tomorrow (Blown Out Cassette Remix) isn’t attached to any project, but K’NAAN’s forthcoming album Country, God, Or The Girl is due out before the year is up.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.