Don’t strain yourself trying to figure out what K’naan is singing in his new single Soobax; some sections (including the chorus) are not in English. With a half African, half reggae beat to dance to, however, there is plenty besides the words to enjoy here. Featuring newcomer MWafrica and M-1 of Dead Prez, the song seems to speak out on the problems of the world without focusing on any specific one. As an example, one of the lines in the chorus translates roughly to, “You’ve spilled the blood so that it drains on the road.” K’naan’s new album, The Dusty Foot Philosopher, will be released in late June.
Written by Angela on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)