Don’t strain yourself trying to figure out what K’naan is singing in his new single Soobax; some sections (including the chorus) are not in English. With a half African, half reggae beat to dance to, however, there is plenty besides the words to enjoy here. Featuring newcomer MWafrica and M-1 of Dead Prez, the song seems to speak out on the problems of the world without focusing on any specific one. As an example, one of the lines in the chorus translates roughly to, “You’ve spilled the blood so that it drains on the road.” K’naan’s new album, The Dusty Foot Philosopher, will be released in late June.
Written by Angela on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.