Don’t strain yourself trying to figure out what K’naan is singing in his new single Soobax; some sections (including the chorus) are not in English. With a half African, half reggae beat to dance to, however, there is plenty besides the words to enjoy here. Featuring newcomer MWafrica and M-1 of Dead Prez, the song seems to speak out on the problems of the world without focusing on any specific one. As an example, one of the lines in the chorus translates roughly to, “You’ve spilled the blood so that it drains on the road.” K’naan’s new album, The Dusty Foot Philosopher, will be released in late June.
Listen to More: K'NAAN
Written by Angela on 04/22/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.