Don’t strain yourself trying to figure out what K’naan is singing in his new single Soobax; some sections (including the chorus) are not in English. With a half African, half reggae beat to dance to, however, there is plenty besides the words to enjoy here. Featuring newcomer MWafrica and M-1 of Dead Prez, the song seems to speak out on the problems of the world without focusing on any specific one. As an example, one of the lines in the chorus translates roughly to, “You’ve spilled the blood so that it drains on the road.” K’naan’s new album, The Dusty Foot Philosopher, will be released in late June.
Written by Angela on 04/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.