As internationally-known pop megastars and prominent commentators on world politics, it was inevitable that K’NAAN and Bono would eventually find themselves on a record together. On album standout and future single Bulletproof Pride, the collaboration finally happens, and the result sounds just as epic as devotees of either artist would expect. Over a soaring instrumental by Brian “Sweetywesty” West, Jon Levine and Chuck Harmony, the Somali-Canadian recording artist sings verses seemingly dedicated to a past love, but seeded with imagery evoking Third World struggles. The U2 frontman joins K’NAAN on the back, providing a vocal counterpoint on the bridge as well as assisting on the record’s anthemic chorus. Released this past Tuesday via A&M/Octane, Country, God or the Girl is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.