As internationally-known pop megastars and prominent commentators on world politics, it was inevitable that K’NAAN and Bono would eventually find themselves on a record together. On album standout and future single Bulletproof Pride, the collaboration finally happens, and the result sounds just as epic as devotees of either artist would expect. Over a soaring instrumental by Brian “Sweetywesty” West, Jon Levine and Chuck Harmony, the Somali-Canadian recording artist sings verses seemingly dedicated to a past love, but seeded with imagery evoking Third World struggles. The U2 frontman joins K’NAAN on the back, providing a vocal counterpoint on the bridge as well as assisting on the record’s anthemic chorus. Released this past Tuesday via A&M/Octane, Country, God or the Girl is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.