As internationally-known pop megastars and prominent commentators on world politics, it was inevitable that K’NAAN and Bono would eventually find themselves on a record together. On album standout and future single Bulletproof Pride, the collaboration finally happens, and the result sounds just as epic as devotees of either artist would expect. Over a soaring instrumental by Brian “Sweetywesty” West, Jon Levine and Chuck Harmony, the Somali-Canadian recording artist sings verses seemingly dedicated to a past love, but seeded with imagery evoking Third World struggles. The U2 frontman joins K’NAAN on the back, providing a vocal counterpoint on the bridge as well as assisting on the record’s anthemic chorus. Released this past Tuesday via A&M/Octane, Country, God or the Girl is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Fresh off making his return to record store shelves and radio airwaves with January's acclaimed More Beautiful Than Silence EP, Somali-Canadian hip-hop star and activist K'NAAN has released the full-length follow-up to 2009...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)