As internationally-known pop megastars and prominent commentators on world politics, it was inevitable that K’NAAN and Bono would eventually find themselves on a record together. On album standout and future single Bulletproof Pride, the collaboration finally happens, and the result sounds just as epic as devotees of either artist would expect. Over a soaring instrumental by Brian “Sweetywesty” West, Jon Levine and Chuck Harmony, the Somali-Canadian recording artist sings verses seemingly dedicated to a past love, but seeded with imagery evoking Third World struggles. The U2 frontman joins K’NAAN on the back, providing a vocal counterpoint on the bridge as well as assisting on the record’s anthemic chorus. Released this past Tuesday via A&M/Octane, Country, God or the Girl is available now in stores and online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.