Thought Nothing to Lose and Is Anybody Out There?, the previously-featured singles off K’NAAN‘s new EP, were dope? Well, number three is Better. As in, that’s its title—as for whether it’s superior, that’ll be for you to decide. Like the first of the aforementioned cuts, this joint finds the Somali-Canadian hip-hop sensation delving into his biography for lyrical inspiration, but thanks to Ryan Tedder, it shares the second’s anthemic sound. Over the OneRepublic frontman’s breakbeat-fortified sampling of Coldplay’s Lost, Mr. Warsame spits a metaphorical, wordplay-laced chronicle of his life to date. Looking back on his pre-stardom days, he spits, “Way before Wavin’ Flag in the FIFA / I was a dreamer, life was a gamble / But God never gives burdens you can’t handle.” Needless to say, K’NAAN’s toss of the dice has yielded him and the listening public big dividends—and, if past results dictate performance, his future is bound to be even brighter. Fans can find this uplifting selection and much more on the artist’s More Beautiful Than Silence EP, released via iTunes last week. Also, stay tuned for further details on K’NAAN’s junior album, coming this spring.
Written by richard on 02/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)