Thought Nothing to Lose and Is Anybody Out There?, the previously-featured singles off K’NAAN‘s new EP, were dope? Well, number three is Better. As in, that’s its title—as for whether it’s superior, that’ll be for you to decide. Like the first of the aforementioned cuts, this joint finds the Somali-Canadian hip-hop sensation delving into his biography for lyrical inspiration, but thanks to Ryan Tedder, it shares the second’s anthemic sound. Over the OneRepublic frontman’s breakbeat-fortified sampling of Coldplay’s Lost, Mr. Warsame spits a metaphorical, wordplay-laced chronicle of his life to date. Looking back on his pre-stardom days, he spits, “Way before Wavin’ Flag in the FIFA / I was a dreamer, life was a gamble / But God never gives burdens you can’t handle.” Needless to say, K’NAAN’s toss of the dice has yielded him and the listening public big dividends—and, if past results dictate performance, his future is bound to be even brighter. Fans can find this uplifting selection and much more on the artist’s More Beautiful Than Silence EP, released via iTunes last week. Also, stay tuned for further details on K’NAAN’s junior album, coming this spring.
Written by richard on 02/5/12
Fresh off making his return to record store shelves and radio airwaves with January's acclaimed More Beautiful Than Silence EP, Somali-Canadian hip-hop star and activist K'NAAN has released the full-length follow-up to 2009...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soobax ft. MWafrica & M-1" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.