While most hustlers are in the game chiefly to better their financial situations, for some the exhilaration of living in the edge becomes an end in itself. On his current street single and first Booth feature, Chicago rhymesayer K.M. tha Original tells the story of a homie who became addicted to The Rush of criminal activity, and the flashy lifestyle it enabled him to live. Surprisingly, the narrative K.M. spins (with a little help from fellow Windy City representative Y.P.) over Ben Ford‘s ghostly sample work doesn’t end with the main character dead or behind bars, but the clear implication is that his good luck can’t last forever. For this atmospheric cut and many more bangers, check out K.M.‘s Better Late Than Never street album, available for free download as of last Tuesday, October 1.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.