While most hustlers are in the game chiefly to better their financial situations, for some the exhilaration of living in the edge becomes an end in itself. On his current street single and first Booth feature, Chicago rhymesayer K.M. tha Original tells the story of a homie who became addicted to The Rush of criminal activity, and the flashy lifestyle it enabled him to live. Surprisingly, the narrative K.M. spins (with a little help from fellow Windy City representative Y.P.) over Ben Ford‘s ghostly sample work doesn’t end with the main character dead or behind bars, but the clear implication is that his good luck can’t last forever. For this atmospheric cut and many more bangers, check out K.M.‘s Better Late Than Never street album, available for free download as of last Tuesday, October 1.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.