While most hustlers are in the game chiefly to better their financial situations, for some the exhilaration of living in the edge becomes an end in itself. On his current street single and first Booth feature, Chicago rhymesayer K.M. tha Original tells the story of a homie who became addicted to The Rush of criminal activity, and the flashy lifestyle it enabled him to live. Surprisingly, the narrative K.M. spins (with a little help from fellow Windy City representative Y.P.) over Ben Ford‘s ghostly sample work doesn’t end with the main character dead or behind bars, but the clear implication is that his good luck can’t last forever. For this atmospheric cut and many more bangers, check out K.M.‘s Better Late Than Never street album, available for free download as of last Tuesday, October 1.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.