Some artists like to get experimental with their album titles (Stankonia, anyone?), but most prefer a much more simple, descriptive approach. Klassik‘s YRP (Young Rising Phenoms) album (released last month) falls into the latter category. On Light, the set’s current single, the dual threat shows the title is more than fitting. Blending a dash of R&B, with some soul, funk, hip-hop and a touch of pop, Klassik displays a skillset that some veterans could only dream of executing. Not only is he responsible for the smooth, low-key (yet charismatic) crooning, but the Milwaukee native is also the man behind the boards. Atop his own swooning, lush backdrop, Klassik spits bars that keep the wheels of the song turning. A singer, rapper and producer with a catchy, unique sound; some how Young Rising Phenoms (available via Bandcamp) doesn’t quite cut it.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.