Some artists like to get experimental with their album titles (Stankonia, anyone?), but most prefer a much more simple, descriptive approach. Klassik‘s YRP (Young Rising Phenoms) album (released last month) falls into the latter category. On Light, the set’s current single, the dual threat shows the title is more than fitting. Blending a dash of R&B, with some soul, funk, hip-hop and a touch of pop, Klassik displays a skillset that some veterans could only dream of executing. Not only is he responsible for the smooth, low-key (yet charismatic) crooning, but the Milwaukee native is also the man behind the boards. Atop his own swooning, lush backdrop, Klassik spits bars that keep the wheels of the song turning. A singer, rapper and producer with a catchy, unique sound; some how Young Rising Phenoms (available via Bandcamp) doesn’t quite cut it.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.