Some artists like to get experimental with their album titles (Stankonia, anyone?), but most prefer a much more simple, descriptive approach. Klassik‘s YRP (Young Rising Phenoms) album (released last month) falls into the latter category. On Light, the set’s current single, the dual threat shows the title is more than fitting. Blending a dash of R&B, with some soul, funk, hip-hop and a touch of pop, Klassik displays a skillset that some veterans could only dream of executing. Not only is he responsible for the smooth, low-key (yet charismatic) crooning, but the Milwaukee native is also the man behind the boards. Atop his own swooning, lush backdrop, Klassik spits bars that keep the wheels of the song turning. A singer, rapper and producer with a catchy, unique sound; some how Young Rising Phenoms (available via Bandcamp) doesn’t quite cut it.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.