Some artists like to get experimental with their album titles (Stankonia, anyone?), but most prefer a much more simple, descriptive approach. Klassik‘s YRP (Young Rising Phenoms) album (released last month) falls into the latter category. On Light, the set’s current single, the dual threat shows the title is more than fitting. Blending a dash of R&B, with some soul, funk, hip-hop and a touch of pop, Klassik displays a skillset that some veterans could only dream of executing. Not only is he responsible for the smooth, low-key (yet charismatic) crooning, but the Milwaukee native is also the man behind the boards. Atop his own swooning, lush backdrop, Klassik spits bars that keep the wheels of the song turning. A singer, rapper and producer with a catchy, unique sound; some how Young Rising Phenoms (available via Bandcamp) doesn’t quite cut it.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.