To paraphrase the incredibly old and corny joke, you can call Klassik whatever you like, just don’t call him Late2TheParty. That goes double, of course, when he’s got a hot date waiting for him just inside. The Milwaukee emcee/producer’s first feature since last September’s introspective Enemy/InnerMe, this freshly-minted single finds him spinning an elaborate metaphor to explain the state a certain woman has him in. Over his own dreamy synth boardwork, he compares her romantic inhibitions to an imperious doorman who doesn’t like the way he’s dressed. Despite it all, Klassik is adamant that his name is on the guest list. Will he make it in? We can only hope. Regardless, those digging this cut should keep it locked for the latest on Klassik’s Time of Our Lives LP, scheduled for release in 2014.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.