To paraphrase the incredibly old and corny joke, you can call Klassik whatever you like, just don’t call him Late2TheParty. That goes double, of course, when he’s got a hot date waiting for him just inside. The Milwaukee emcee/producer’s first feature since last September’s introspective Enemy/InnerMe, this freshly-minted single finds him spinning an elaborate metaphor to explain the state a certain woman has him in. Over his own dreamy synth boardwork, he compares her romantic inhibitions to an imperious doorman who doesn’t like the way he’s dressed. Despite it all, Klassik is adamant that his name is on the guest list. Will he make it in? We can only hope. Regardless, those digging this cut should keep it locked for the latest on Klassik’s Time of Our Lives LP, scheduled for release in 2014.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.