To paraphrase the incredibly old and corny joke, you can call Klassik whatever you like, just don’t call him Late2TheParty. That goes double, of course, when he’s got a hot date waiting for him just inside. The Milwaukee emcee/producer’s first feature since last September’s introspective Enemy/InnerMe, this freshly-minted single finds him spinning an elaborate metaphor to explain the state a certain woman has him in. Over his own dreamy synth boardwork, he compares her romantic inhibitions to an imperious doorman who doesn’t like the way he’s dressed. Despite it all, Klassik is adamant that his name is on the guest list. Will he make it in? We can only hope. Regardless, those digging this cut should keep it locked for the latest on Klassik’s Time of Our Lives LP, scheduled for release in 2014.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.