On 2006 mixtape joint Much More, Lupe Fiasco alluded to the paramount importance of self-mastery, spitting, “My greatest Enemy, is my Inner Me.” (Kimbo Slice came to a similar realization three years later on reality program The Ultimate Fighter, proving that great minds do indeed think alike.) Today, on his first solo Booth feature (He previously contributed guest bars to The Cranberry Show‘s Cinema) and the lead single off his next project, Klassik takes that insight and runs with it, rhyming about his efforts to conquer fear and unlock his full potential. In addition to rocking the mic, the Milwaukee native handles production duties, crafting a surging, rock-infused instrumental to back his melodic flows. Red Hat Films dramatize Klassik’s inner conflict in the official visuals, which depict the artist struggling with, and eventually overcoming writer’s block. Digging it? More awaits on the artist’s In the Making street album, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 25.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.