On 2006 mixtape joint Much More, Lupe Fiasco alluded to the paramount importance of self-mastery, spitting, “My greatest Enemy, is my Inner Me.” (Kimbo Slice came to a similar realization three years later on reality program The Ultimate Fighter, proving that great minds do indeed think alike.) Today, on his first solo Booth feature (He previously contributed guest bars to The Cranberry Show‘s Cinema) and the lead single off his next project, Klassik takes that insight and runs with it, rhyming about his efforts to conquer fear and unlock his full potential. In addition to rocking the mic, the Milwaukee native handles production duties, crafting a surging, rock-infused instrumental to back his melodic flows. Red Hat Films dramatize Klassik’s inner conflict in the official visuals, which depict the artist struggling with, and eventually overcoming writer’s block. Digging it? More awaits on the artist’s In the Making street album, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 25.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.