On 2006 mixtape joint Much More, Lupe Fiasco alluded to the paramount importance of self-mastery, spitting, “My greatest Enemy, is my Inner Me.” (Kimbo Slice came to a similar realization three years later on reality program The Ultimate Fighter, proving that great minds do indeed think alike.) Today, on his first solo Booth feature (He previously contributed guest bars to The Cranberry Show‘s Cinema) and the lead single off his next project, Klassik takes that insight and runs with it, rhyming about his efforts to conquer fear and unlock his full potential. In addition to rocking the mic, the Milwaukee native handles production duties, crafting a surging, rock-infused instrumental to back his melodic flows. Red Hat Films dramatize Klassik’s inner conflict in the official visuals, which depict the artist struggling with, and eventually overcoming writer’s block. Digging it? More awaits on the artist’s In the Making street album, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 25.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.