On 2006 mixtape joint Much More, Lupe Fiasco alluded to the paramount importance of self-mastery, spitting, “My greatest Enemy, is my Inner Me.” (Kimbo Slice came to a similar realization three years later on reality program The Ultimate Fighter, proving that great minds do indeed think alike.) Today, on his first solo Booth feature (He previously contributed guest bars to The Cranberry Show‘s Cinema) and the lead single off his next project, Klassik takes that insight and runs with it, rhyming about his efforts to conquer fear and unlock his full potential. In addition to rocking the mic, the Milwaukee native handles production duties, crafting a surging, rock-infused instrumental to back his melodic flows. Red Hat Films dramatize Klassik’s inner conflict in the official visuals, which depict the artist struggling with, and eventually overcoming writer’s block. Digging it? More awaits on the artist’s In the Making street album, scheduled for release next Tuesday, September 25.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)