Artists only get to make their debut on The DJBooth once, and it looks like K’LA has taken the time to make sure her debut makes the biggest splash possible. How big? I don’t know, how big is a Nas verse? Yeah, that’s pretty big. For her new single Blame, the new Def Jam signee grabs a Jerry Wonda instrumental that nods to classic R&B with its guitar lines and live percussion while still keeping things all the way 2012. For her part, the Gary, Indiana native (is a Freddie Gibbs guest verse up next?) lays down some enchanting vocals, letting the world know that her erratic behavior isn’t entirely her fault, a conniving man has driven her to the brink of insanity. And as for that Nas verse? Yeah, it’s everything you hoped it would me. We’re still a ways off any info about a full new album from K’LA, but your ratings and comments will certainly inspire the Def Jam brass to make it happen sooner than later. Have at it people…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Island Def Jam/Music Line Ent, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.