Artists only get to make their debut on The DJBooth once, and it looks like K’LA has taken the time to make sure her debut makes the biggest splash possible. How big? I don’t know, how big is a Nas verse? Yeah, that’s pretty big. For her new single Blame, the new Def Jam signee grabs a Jerry Wonda instrumental that nods to classic R&B with its guitar lines and live percussion while still keeping things all the way 2012. For her part, the Gary, Indiana native (is a Freddie Gibbs guest verse up next?) lays down some enchanting vocals, letting the world know that her erratic behavior isn’t entirely her fault, a conniving man has driven her to the brink of insanity. And as for that Nas verse? Yeah, it’s everything you hoped it would me. We’re still a ways off any info about a full new album from K’LA, but your ratings and comments will certainly inspire the Def Jam brass to make it happen sooner than later. Have at it people…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Island Def Jam/Music Line Ent, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.