Artists only get to make their debut on The DJBooth once, and it looks like K’LA has taken the time to make sure her debut makes the biggest splash possible. How big? I don’t know, how big is a Nas verse? Yeah, that’s pretty big. For her new single Blame, the new Def Jam signee grabs a Jerry Wonda instrumental that nods to classic R&B with its guitar lines and live percussion while still keeping things all the way 2012. For her part, the Gary, Indiana native (is a Freddie Gibbs guest verse up next?) lays down some enchanting vocals, letting the world know that her erratic behavior isn’t entirely her fault, a conniving man has driven her to the brink of insanity. And as for that Nas verse? Yeah, it’s everything you hoped it would me. We’re still a ways off any info about a full new album from K’LA, but your ratings and comments will certainly inspire the Def Jam brass to make it happen sooner than later. Have at it people…
Island Def Jam/Music Line Ent, LLC.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.