If you’ve checked out Miami emcee GhostWridah‘s recently-released, Booth-sponsored In Love With My Future mixtape, you’ve already been acquainted with Kirby Maurier, the rising R&B songstress who lent her smooth vocal stylings to Look at Me Now. And if you haven’t, well, you should take a listen – right after you’ve enjoyed the Floridian singer’s own Booth debut, a touching track dedicated to… You (Well, not to you specifically, although you’re welcome to pretend). Beatsmith Jackpot sets an irresistibly cheery mood with sugary synths and bouncy, handclap-driven percussion as the artist gives her take on a familiar tale, albeit one usually told with the genders reversed: here, it’s Kirby who’s driving home from work (sans panties, of course), eagerly anticipating her reunion with her man at home. If Maurier’s combo of infectious melody and steamy subject matter leaves you intrigued, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where. The artist’s Solid EP has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da' Lick" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.