If you’ve checked out Miami emcee GhostWridah‘s recently-released, Booth-sponsored In Love With My Future mixtape, you’ve already been acquainted with Kirby Maurier, the rising R&B songstress who lent her smooth vocal stylings to Look at Me Now. And if you haven’t, well, you should take a listen – right after you’ve enjoyed the Floridian singer’s own Booth debut, a touching track dedicated to… You (Well, not to you specifically, although you’re welcome to pretend). Beatsmith Jackpot sets an irresistibly cheery mood with sugary synths and bouncy, handclap-driven percussion as the artist gives her take on a familiar tale, albeit one usually told with the genders reversed: here, it’s Kirby who’s driving home from work (sans panties, of course), eagerly anticipating her reunion with her man at home. If Maurier’s combo of infectious melody and steamy subject matter leaves you intrigued, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where. The artist’s Solid EP has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da' Lick" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.