If you’ve checked out Miami emcee GhostWridah‘s recently-released, Booth-sponsored In Love With My Future mixtape, you’ve already been acquainted with Kirby Maurier, the rising R&B songstress who lent her smooth vocal stylings to Look at Me Now. And if you haven’t, well, you should take a listen – right after you’ve enjoyed the Floridian singer’s own Booth debut, a touching track dedicated to… You (Well, not to you specifically, although you’re welcome to pretend). Beatsmith Jackpot sets an irresistibly cheery mood with sugary synths and bouncy, handclap-driven percussion as the artist gives her take on a familiar tale, albeit one usually told with the genders reversed: here, it’s Kirby who’s driving home from work (sans panties, of course), eagerly anticipating her reunion with her man at home. If Maurier’s combo of infectious melody and steamy subject matter leaves you intrigued, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where. The artist’s Solid EP has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da' Lick" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.