If you’ve checked out Miami emcee GhostWridah‘s recently-released, Booth-sponsored In Love With My Future mixtape, you’ve already been acquainted with Kirby Maurier, the rising R&B songstress who lent her smooth vocal stylings to Look at Me Now. And if you haven’t, well, you should take a listen – right after you’ve enjoyed the Floridian singer’s own Booth debut, a touching track dedicated to… You (Well, not to you specifically, although you’re welcome to pretend). Beatsmith Jackpot sets an irresistibly cheery mood with sugary synths and bouncy, handclap-driven percussion as the artist gives her take on a familiar tale, albeit one usually told with the genders reversed: here, it’s Kirby who’s driving home from work (sans panties, of course), eagerly anticipating her reunion with her man at home. If Maurier’s combo of infectious melody and steamy subject matter leaves you intrigued, be sure to keep it locked you-know-where. The artist’s Solid EP has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Da' Lick" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.