Most of the time, “I’m Jus Sayin’” is used to soften the impact of bad news when you don’t want to be the messenger. As in, “50 Cent, I don’t think Erin Andrews is into you like that. I’m jus sayin’.” (Thanks to RefinedHype’s Fails of the Week for that example.) Indie R&B songstress Kirby Maurier flips the script on her new single by that name, using the phrase as she tells her man just how happy she is to have him in her life. Jackpot‘s catchy, hip hop-infused production bangs in the back as the singer assures the fella in question, “I’ll never go, never go away.” Feeling it? For a limited time, leading up to its March 19, release via iTunes, this record is available as a free download from Maurier’s official site. So you might want to act now—I’m just sayin’.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.