Most of the time, “I’m Jus Sayin’” is used to soften the impact of bad news when you don’t want to be the messenger. As in, “50 Cent, I don’t think Erin Andrews is into you like that. I’m jus sayin’.” (Thanks to RefinedHype’s Fails of the Week for that example.) Indie R&B songstress Kirby Maurier flips the script on her new single by that name, using the phrase as she tells her man just how happy she is to have him in her life. Jackpot‘s catchy, hip hop-infused production bangs in the back as the singer assures the fella in question, “I’ll never go, never go away.” Feeling it? For a limited time, leading up to its March 19, release via iTunes, this record is available as a free download from Maurier’s official site. So you might want to act now—I’m just sayin’.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.