Most of the time, “I’m Jus Sayin’” is used to soften the impact of bad news when you don’t want to be the messenger. As in, “50 Cent, I don’t think Erin Andrews is into you like that. I’m jus sayin’.” (Thanks to RefinedHype’s Fails of the Week for that example.) Indie R&B songstress Kirby Maurier flips the script on her new single by that name, using the phrase as she tells her man just how happy she is to have him in her life. Jackpot‘s catchy, hip hop-infused production bangs in the back as the singer assures the fella in question, “I’ll never go, never go away.” Feeling it? For a limited time, leading up to its March 19, release via iTunes, this record is available as a free download from Maurier’s official site. So you might want to act now—I’m just sayin’.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.