Most of the time, “I’m Jus Sayin’” is used to soften the impact of bad news when you don’t want to be the messenger. As in, “50 Cent, I don’t think Erin Andrews is into you like that. I’m jus sayin’.” (Thanks to RefinedHype’s Fails of the Week for that example.) Indie R&B songstress Kirby Maurier flips the script on her new single by that name, using the phrase as she tells her man just how happy she is to have him in her life. Jackpot‘s catchy, hip hop-infused production bangs in the back as the singer assures the fella in question, “I’ll never go, never go away.” Feeling it? For a limited time, leading up to its March 19, release via iTunes, this record is available as a free download from Maurier’s official site. So you might want to act now—I’m just sayin’.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.