With the aggressive, ambitious bars and tension-fraught beats Kings Dead showcased on previous singles ‘94 and Over Dinner, listeners could be forgiven for assuming the Bostonian rapper/producer duo were a little intense, if not high-strung, in real life. A listen to their latest cut, however, should disabuse you of that notion for good. On new single Not a Worry, released along with a breezy official video directed by Rand Rosenberg, Sonny Shotz outlines his “hakuna matata”-esque approach to life in witty, conversational bars. Alex Mendoza puts his own devil-may-care philosophy into practice behind the boards, flipping a sample from the Zac Brown Band’s country hit, Toes, into one of the most ridiculous, yet catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a hot minute. For this left-of-center summer jam and more fresh cuts, cop Revenge of the Beast when it hits records stores and online retailers later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.