With the aggressive, ambitious bars and tension-fraught beats Kings Dead showcased on previous singles ‘94 and Over Dinner, listeners could be forgiven for assuming the Bostonian rapper/producer duo were a little intense, if not high-strung, in real life. A listen to their latest cut, however, should disabuse you of that notion for good. On new single Not a Worry, released along with a breezy official video directed by Rand Rosenberg, Sonny Shotz outlines his “hakuna matata”-esque approach to life in witty, conversational bars. Alex Mendoza puts his own devil-may-care philosophy into practice behind the boards, flipping a sample from the Zac Brown Band’s country hit, Toes, into one of the most ridiculous, yet catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a hot minute. For this left-of-center summer jam and more fresh cuts, cop Revenge of the Beast when it hits records stores and online retailers later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.