With the aggressive, ambitious bars and tension-fraught beats Kings Dead showcased on previous singles ‘94 and Over Dinner, listeners could be forgiven for assuming the Bostonian rapper/producer duo were a little intense, if not high-strung, in real life. A listen to their latest cut, however, should disabuse you of that notion for good. On new single Not a Worry, released along with a breezy official video directed by Rand Rosenberg, Sonny Shotz outlines his “hakuna matata”-esque approach to life in witty, conversational bars. Alex Mendoza puts his own devil-may-care philosophy into practice behind the boards, flipping a sample from the Zac Brown Band’s country hit, Toes, into one of the most ridiculous, yet catchy instrumentals I’ve heard in a hot minute. For this left-of-center summer jam and more fresh cuts, cop Revenge of the Beast when it hits records stores and online retailers later this summer.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.