If I were to earn a dollar for every replay the latest record from Kings Dead will get, I’d own about a bazillion pictures of Honest Abe. While the duo have put The Dean’s List behind them, they still have the same energy and passion as they did when they first graced our pages in March of 2011. Setting this stage for this edgy, yet energetic cut, Alex Mendoza cooks up a spry, enigmatic instrumental driven by a foggy synth. Atop the beat, emcee Sonny Shotz delivers his grind-oriented bars in an ardent flow with a quirky, yet gritty vibe. While Honest Abe packs an eclectic array of musical elements, Sonny and Alex manage to weave the diverse threads into a cohesive, rewind-worthy end product. Honest Abe is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out the group’s last Booth feature, June’s Not a Worry.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)