If I were to earn a dollar for every replay the latest record from Kings Dead will get, I’d own about a bazillion pictures of Honest Abe. While the duo have put The Dean’s List behind them, they still have the same energy and passion as they did when they first graced our pages in March of 2011. Setting this stage for this edgy, yet energetic cut, Alex Mendoza cooks up a spry, enigmatic instrumental driven by a foggy synth. Atop the beat, emcee Sonny Shotz delivers his grind-oriented bars in an ardent flow with a quirky, yet gritty vibe. While Honest Abe packs an eclectic array of musical elements, Sonny and Alex manage to weave the diverse threads into a cohesive, rewind-worthy end product. Honest Abe is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more are highly encouraged to check out the group’s last Booth feature, June’s Not a Worry.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/9/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.