Update: The Pio DiBenedetto-directed visuals for Kings Dead single Don’t Need Much has been added. Utopia will be available 10/7, via iTunes.
Sonny Shotz and Alex Mendoza of Kings Dead Don’t Need Much in this world; if they’ve got homies who are loyal unto death, the opportunity to hustle round the clock in pursuit of their dreams, and a Grammy award on their table, they’re happy. OK, perhaps they are asking a lot—but if they keep releasing records on par with their latest feature, they richly deserve all of the above. The first of four weekly tracks leading up to the Boston duo’s Utopia LP, this cut is an appealing combo of the ambitious and the down-to-Earth. Over Mendoza’s production, an upbeat, keyboard-led groove seasoned with choral backing vocals, Shotz adopts an attitude of gratitude regarding his current situation, while looking forward to even brighter days ahead. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to tune in next Monday for another fresh song release off the crew’s forthcoming album. Kings Dead is currently touring nationally with Midwestern phenom Chuck Inglish. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 09/29/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.