Sonny Shotz and Alex Mendoza of Kings Dead Don’t Need Much in this world; if they’ve got homies who are loyal unto death, the opportunity to hustle round the clock in pursuit of their dreams, and a Grammy award on their table, they’re happy. OK, perhaps they are asking a lot—but if they keep releasing records on par with their latest feature, they richly deserve all of the above. The first of four weekly tracks leading up to the Boston duo’s Utopia LP, this cut is an appealing combo of the ambitious and the down-to-Earth. Over Mendoza’s production, an upbeat, keyboard-led groove seasoned with choral backing vocals, Shotz adopts an attitude of gratitude regarding his current situation, while looking forward to even brighter days ahead. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to tune in next Monday for another fresh song release off the crew’s forthcoming album. Kings Dead is currently touring nationally with Midwestern phenom Chuck Inglish. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.