Sonny Shotz and Alex Mendoza of Kings Dead Don’t Need Much in this world; if they’ve got homies who are loyal unto death, the opportunity to hustle round the clock in pursuit of their dreams, and a Grammy award on their table, they’re happy. OK, perhaps they are asking a lot—but if they keep releasing records on par with their latest feature, they richly deserve all of the above. The first of four weekly tracks leading up to the Boston duo’s Utopia LP, this cut is an appealing combo of the ambitious and the down-to-Earth. Over Mendoza’s production, an upbeat, keyboard-led groove seasoned with choral backing vocals, Shotz adopts an attitude of gratitude regarding his current situation, while looking forward to even brighter days ahead. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to tune in next Monday for another fresh song release off the crew’s forthcoming album. Kings Dead is currently touring nationally with Midwestern phenom Chuck Inglish. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.