Sonny Shotz and Alex Mendoza of Kings Dead Don’t Need Much in this world; if they’ve got homies who are loyal unto death, the opportunity to hustle round the clock in pursuit of their dreams, and a Grammy award on their table, they’re happy. OK, perhaps they are asking a lot—but if they keep releasing records on par with their latest feature, they richly deserve all of the above. The first of four weekly tracks leading up to the Boston duo’s Utopia LP, this cut is an appealing combo of the ambitious and the down-to-Earth. Over Mendoza’s production, an upbeat, keyboard-led groove seasoned with choral backing vocals, Shotz adopts an attitude of gratitude regarding his current situation, while looking forward to even brighter days ahead. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to tune in next Monday for another fresh song release off the crew’s forthcoming album. Kings Dead is currently touring nationally with Midwestern phenom Chuck Inglish. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.